Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wedding Season is upon us!

You can smell it - spring!

And like every other spring before this one, it's wedding season. At the moment, I'm not engaged, but I have many a friend who is engaged or has recently taken the plunge into marriage.

What is it about the change of season that gets everyone on the wedding train. Bridal shows, magazine editorials and gown sales are just everywhere. For one, most weddings take place in the summer and spring is the most logical time to make reservations, send out invites and make purchases. My other guess is it might have to do with a more animal instinct.

What ever it is, good luck to all the ladies and their gents taking the plunge this summer and congrats to those who have recently become betrothed.

Here's a picture from a wedding I was at last June. The triumphant look on the girl's face afterward was enough to make her boyfriend run in the other direction. All in jest, I hope.


No comments: