Thursday, April 16, 2009

Celebrity Gossip AND Photoshop

I told myself I wouldn't post celebrity gossip, but in all truthfulness this is a Photoshop post:

Star Magazine has a picture of Rupert Everett from the Martha Stewart Show saying that he's gotten some crazy plastic surgery procedures done.



One look at the picture and my head was screaming "Bad Photoshop job!" So I went to Martha's website watched the video of his appearance and the picture Star Magazine doesn't even look like the video. Click here to watch the video. The photo has definitely been altered, all the shadows on his face have disappeared, giving him a flat plastic looking face and the contrast is cranked up making everything seem darker and lighter than they truly are.

I will note that in the video it looks like Rupert Everett has gotten veneers. Unless medically necessary veneers should never be an option - they can change the way a person looks and smiles and in this case I don't think it looks right on him.

It's negative images like this that make me wonder why I actually want to learn how to do these things in Photoshop. But then I remind myself that, as in much of life, anything can be good in moderation.

No comments: